IMPORTANT: the following instructions are only applicable for books in the MOBI format. Additionally, we do not recommend Kindle applications, such as those hosted on iOS, Android, or Fire devices, due to their handling of footnotes.
Method 1: Send your book to your Kindle using your Kindle email address
- Navigate to your Amazon account’s Content and Devices
- Click on Preferences, then scroll down to the section called Personal Document Settings
- Add your email address to the subsection called Approved Personal Document Email List
- Find your @kindle.com address in the subsection called Send-to-Kindle Email Settings
- From your normal email address, email your book (MOBI format only) to your Send-to-Kindle address. Your book will arrive in a few minutes!
Method 2: Transfer via the Send to Kindle app
The Send to Kindle app works on Chrome browsers, desktop (PC & Mac), and Android devices. To get the app that works best for you, click here.
For desktop users, here’s how to install Send to Kindle:
- Ensure your Kindle is connected to a WiFi network. Click here for help.
- Download and install the Send to Kindle app for Mac or PC. Open it, and then log into your Amazon account when prompted by the app.
- With the Send to Kindle app open, drag and drop your Prismatext MOBI file onto the Send to Kindle app.
- Select your Kindle under Deliver To, and hit send.
Method 3: Transfer via USB
If you prefer to connect your Kindle to your Desktop computer via a USB cable, follow these steps.
- Plug in your Kindle to your Desktop computer via USB.
- Open the Kindle drive that appears automatically and navigate to the Documents folder inside.
- Drag and drop your Prismatext MOBI file into Documents folder on your Kindle.